Brushing and Flossing
Brushing and flossing are some of the simplest yet most effective methods of preventing gum disease and tooth decay. However, many people still don’t perform these rituals correctly or as often as they should. Remember that proper dental hygiene is an investment in your future dental and overall health.
If you are unsure how to go about brushing and flossing, the following are step-by-step instructions to ensure that you are doing all you can to keep your teeth healthy and beautiful.
1. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and place against the tooth and gum at a angle of about 45 degrees.
2. Use gentle circular strokes to brush the chewing surfaces as well as the inner and outer portions of the tooth.
3. Brush your tongue as well as this area can collect bacteria that causes bad breath.
1. Break off a piece of floss, approximately 18 inches in length.
2. Wrap either end of the floss around the middle finger of each hand.
3. Gently slide a fresh piece of floss between the teeth and beneath the gums to clean food particles from the area.